Monday, March 07, 2011

Weekend: Running, Fishing, Feeding and one of the Best Sandwiches in the Rock

     This weekend I gave Bella her first taste of Sweet Potatoes.  She was, not surprisingly, a fan - something has to help her fill those cheeks.  Our old point and shoot camera has a cool feature that allows you to pull out one color.  I picked the color "sweet potato."  I feel like I need to wear a poncho to care for this child.  I must admit, I do not love feeding baby food to my children, and I have to remind myself of a couple things.  1) Someone (thanks, Mom) had to teach me how to eat.  2) I have amazingly healthy, happy little friends who are able to eat well - thank you, Lord.

IMG_4103

sweet girl.

IMG_4101

John ran his second Half Marathon this weekend here in the Rock.  He came in around 1.45, and I am so proud of him!  He is now eyeing a full marathon - my husband, the running rock star.

IMG_4105

After his race, we went and ate lunch at the Community Bakery downtown which serves sandwiches and soups along with all their other bakery fare.  While we were waiting, we played the game "Gone Fishin'."  John declared this the only game he ever wants to play with me, because I was that bad, and he totally schooled (ha ha) me.  He beat me 14 to 1 the first time we played.  I was really bad.

IMG_4106
IMG_4107

The sandwich pictured below is one of the best sandwiches in Little Rock.  I am not exaggerating.  I do sell sandwiches for a living, so I think it goes without saying that I think Chick-fil-A has the best sandwiches.  However, if you are not in the mood for pressure-cooked chicken (which is hard to imagine), you should check this out.  It is the Smoked Turkey Goat Cheese Panini.  It really does combine a lot of my favorite flavors and items - pesto, tomatoes, spinach, smoked turkey and, of course, goat cheese.  I love that stuff.  I may have to try to recreate this for food co-op some week.

IMG_4108

Everyday I drive on a road that is lined with trees.  For about two weeks in the spring it becomes The White Way of Delight - at least that is what I call it in my head courtesy of Anne Shirley.  I look forward to this part of my drive just to see all the white flowers, and Lily loves it as well, exclaiming, "White flowers!  Pretty white flowers!  More white flowers!"  These are the only pictures I could get today since I was driving, and the sky is white today as well.

IMG_6256
IMG_6257

Here's a random pic of Lily reading her Bible.  I love that she loves to read to herself.

IMG_6203

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Stefanie said...

Uggh, Bella is SO cute. I want to come meet her so much! Congrats to John, and if you ever do recreate that sandwich PLEASE post your recipe. It looks amazing. We must visit that bakery the next time I'm in your neck of the woods :)

Kristin Murdock said...

First off I had no idea John was running this weekend, that's awesome. Second I am pretty sure we should go split that sandwich sometime OR you should make it for ME instead of your food co-op (I am not biased). And third, the beautiful flowers all around town were my saving grace in the pit of despair that was my week last week - have been dying to document them via camera but maybe I'll just steal your pics. :)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so interesting to read!! Way to go Carol!! Love your family and your beautiful pictures!! Love, Meme' & Papa