I feel like apothecary jars are such a handy decorating tool to have in my tool box. I had liked them for a while, and this past Christmas season I found some discounted at Kroger, of all places. So I bought four. Never let it be said that I do anything half way. I was reminded of my love today while I was shopping at Hobby Lobby (a place that I frequent so regularly that the staff recognizes me and notices when I get my hair cut. . . ). I was perusing the Easter decor aisles and found myself taken with shiny Easter ornaments. Lily was also taken - I had to keep telling her to put them back. I thought to myself, "Those would work wonderfully in the apothecary jars and be so very springy!" I thought the same thing about the Bunny Mix M n M's - seasonal M n M's suck me in
every time. ♥. So I spent a little time this afternoon filling and fluffing my apothecary jars to brighten my house. So fun.
I love that you can put anything cute in them and turn it into decor. Those roses are left-over from a bouquet John sent me while I was in Wichita, and I thought I might be able to get a little more mileage out of them. Apothecary jar to the rescue! During the Christmas season I filled them with ornaments and candy (I am picking up on my theme).
I look forward to filling them with other thing in the summer and fall, since they are so versatile. Keep your eyes peeled for your very own!
0 comments:
Post a Comment