Monday, March 14, 2011

Smoked Turkey & Goat Cheese Sandwich and Sweet Potato Fries: Delish

      So I decided to try to make that sandwich from Community Bakery.  And, according to John, I did a pretty decent job - so, here goes.

IMG_6417

This is what you need.

Some kind of panini bread - you could go to a bakery to get something or, since I was running short on time, I got a Ciabatta loaf from Wal-mart
Spinach
Tomato
Goat Cheese
Pesto
Smoked Turkey

IMG_6387

Slice the tomato and cut the bread into sandwiches.

IMG_6408
IMG_6409
IMG_6410

Spread pesto thickly onto each slice of bread.  I think I would do even more that what I show here by just a bit.

IMG_6411

Put tomato slices onto the bottom of each sandwich.

IMG_6412

Add turkey.

IMG_6413

Add and spread the goat cheese.  Yum.

IMG_6415

Put spinach leaves on the top on what you have created.

IMG_6416

Then - it is time to grill it on up.  I put it into a skillet on medium high heat and warmed it for about 4 minutes on each side.

IMG_6417

And you are done.  You are ready to enjoy one of the best sandwiches ever.  I paired this with sweet potato fries.  I mixed two different recipes from All Recipes - this and this, to come up with what I am giving you now.  I like the way they came out.

Here's what you need.

Sweet Potatoes (3 or 4)
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice

Prepare your sweet potatoes by washing them, cutting off their ugly spots and peeling them.

Sweet Potato

Put them in a bowl with 1/4 cup of water.  Microwave them on high for 4 minutes.

IMG_6400

Cut those into fries.  I did this with this amazing fry cutter that I borrowed from my sweet friend Jenn.  I would not try to make these without them.

IMG_6401

Pour the olive oil onto the fries and toss them.

IMG_6404

Mix your spices and sugar together and re-toss them until the fries are evenly coated.

IMG_6405

Put onto a cookie sheet covered in foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes.

IMG_6406

I broiled them for about 5 minutes at 435 to crisp them up a bit at the end.

IMG_6418

So good.  I also made a glaze to go with them.  It was really easy - I would do it again in a saucepan.  Mix two tablespoons of butter, two tablespoons of brown sugar and one tablespoon of honey.  Heat until brown sugar dissolves.

And this is what the girls were up to while I was cooking.

IMG_6392
IMG_6414

0 comments: