Friday, July 11, 2014

COW APPRECIATION DAY 2014

Today is one of my favorite summer holidays - Cow Appreciation Day.  Dress like a cow, get free chicken, as the saying goes.  To be honest, we get the free chicken everyday, which is one of the many benefits of owning a CFA.  But - I love any excuse to dress the kids up!

Untitled

This year, I decided to make pillowcase dresses for the girls that could be used year after year.  I think it was an hour and a half well spent.  I used this tutorial and added arm holes.  The ears are just felt attached to alligator clips.  I probably should have made them a little bigger - maybe next year.  Maybe not.  I wrote the sign boards.  When I worked as a CFA Marketing Director for two years before we owned a store, I perfected my "Cow" handwriting, which is a handy skill - only very occasionally, but this is that occasion!

I've been wearing my cow Jamberry manicure all week long in anticipation.

Untitled

We met up with some friends at our CFA for lunch.  We tried to get there early to beat some of the chaos, but since we bring all of our own chaos with four kids each, it was going to be wild regardless of the time of arrival.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

All in all, we had a grand time, and it is always so fun to see all the other herds of cows that come in to eat.  Our staff rings cow bells any time someone dressed up comes inside, and there are balloons everywhere, so it really is quite festive.  So - if you are anywhere near a CFA and haven't done so already - there's still time!  Take your herd in for a late lunch or dinner.  Yummmmmm.

{Cow Appreciation Day 2013}
{Cow Appreciation Day 2012}
{Cow Appreciation Day 2011}

1 comments:

Lindsey @ A Dollop of My Life said...

I'm UBER impressed with the cow writing skillz. Unfortunately, this year we didn't make it. Just too much on our to-do list. Which is a bummer, considering our family gives most of our eat-out money to CFA. ;)