Thursday, August 21, 2014

THROW BACK: WHEN JOHN & CAROL WERE FIVE

Baby girl started Kindergarten this week, and mostly, it has been really great.  For a bit of fun, I thought I'd drag up some pictures from when John and I were about to start school.  I don't have actual pictures from each of our first days - though our mothers might have them somewhere.  But, I do have one of each of us in the months prior to us starting Kindergarten.

It's funny, because I don't really think Lily looks much like either one of us.  People are always playing the "who do they look like" game, and I feel like I am horrible with it - especially when it is so close to me.  Sometimes I catch flashes of expression or mannerisms that remind me of myself or of John, but I rarely think that Lily or Bella looks much like either one of us.  They are just Lily and Bella.  (Though there are often comparisons of Bella and cousin True, which I can see a bit.)

Here I am at my fifth birthday party.  Care Bear themed, as I am sure many parties were that year.

Scan 1

And, this is John at his first "spiritual birthday" (the day he proclaimed faith in Jesus as a child), in the March before he started school.

Scan 2

He is so very cute.

So that's my Throw Back Thursday blog post.  Enjoy.  If you started school this week - I hope that the week has been kind to you!

0 comments: