Wednesday, August 06, 2014

JOHN'S B-DAY, YESTERDAY

My beloved turned 33 yesterday to catch me up in age.  It does feel more comfortable when we can say we are the same age, which is for about half of the year.  Dearest John is no fan of a lot of fuss being made over him.  In fact, he hates it.  The girls wanted to throw him a dinosaur party, but for many reasons, I nixed that.  Instead, I let our CFA team do a lot of the work, because they always insist on getting him a cake.  Thankfully, one of our leaders sent me the video of him putting his face in it, and I'm sharing it here.  Have I ever mentioned that we have the best CFA team ever?  I love them dearly and am forever grateful for them.



When we came to eat lunch there yesterday, the team graciously shared a LOT of cake with us, to the girls' delight.

Untitled

While there, I got to have some of our new iced coffee that I have been anxiously anticipating since February when I first got to try it at Seminar.  (My anticipation level was actually so great that John asked me to stop asking when it was coming.  He told me that he would tell me.  And unfortunately, our store was one of the last to roll it out, so I have suffered through lots of other people getting it before us.  But, it is in Little Rock now.  And most likely at your local CFA as well.)  It is So. Good.  Go get some now.  I mean it.

Untitled

The kids and I did make a trip to Kroger, and we were going to get a mix to make a cake.  However, I think the girls were swayed by all the options of pre-made cake.  And as Lily pointed out, "It would take too long to make a cake.  We should just buy one."  And yesterday, I was apt to agree.  So, we got a cookies and cream cake, and celebrated John right before we headed out to our D-Group.

Untitled
Untitled

That's our awesome friend/babysitter who often takes such excellent care of all four of our children.  What a blessing to be able to leave our home and know they will be in such great hands.

To say that I am glad that John was born is such an extreme understatement.  He is my favorite person in the universe, and though we have ups and downs and stressors and fun, I am so thankful to do life with him.  It's the best.  Happy Birthday, Babe.  33 looks good on you.

0 comments: