Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Here's to You.

Here's to You, Bloom group.  You ladies make my Tuesday mornings so special.  To get beyond the pretense and have real, raw discussion on stuff that matters is a blessing that most women long for and we get to experience.  Thanks for keeping it real, working for it, loving me and loving the Lord.  I have learned so much from each of you.  (Why I felt the need to continue wearing my name tag at lunch is still a mystery.)

IMG_4689

Here's to You, Community Group.  I don't have a picture to share from our time together last night, because I know you all would make fun of me even more about the blog if I took pictures every time we met.  Thank you for being so outrageous that we girls had to spend some of our time locked in the laundry room away from the guys.  That was really hilarious.  Thanks for sharing what God is teaching each of you and for being willing to read a sort of crazy book to see where it takes us.

Here's to You, Jen Hatmaker, who I don't know in real life but wish I did.  Your book, Seven, is rocking my world in the best way possible, though I am a little nervous about the next several chapters.  Thank you for doing something extreme to see what God had to say about the way you live and inspiring me to do the same.  I am excited to see what God has to show me.  And if I do end up eating only chicken for a month, the good news is, we own a chicken restaurant.

Here's to You, John, best husband ever.  You took today off from work, and instead of packing it full of stuff we needed to do, you said you just wanted to hang out and have a "date day."  This makes me feel so loved and valued.  Eating breakfast, sans kiddos and sitting there talking for an extra hour was pretty amazing.  It made me realize all over again how lovely it is to be married to you and be almost 7 years deep.  I am looking forward to seeing Beauty and the Beast in 3D this afternoon with our two little compadres.

Here's to You, Lily and Bella.  Lily, thanks for making me laugh when asking about John's glasses.  You asked why he would need to clean them, and I said, "Sometimes they get dirty."  And you said, "Why does Daddy poop on his glasses?"  I laughed out loud.  Bella - thanks for being such a great sleeper so much of the time.  Last night, when your babysitter forgot to give you your paci to sleep with, you didn't wake up til 5:30 a.m.  I got to cuddle you for a bit, and then, after a while, you went back to sleep.  Here's to You both - being your mom is one of the best gifts God has ever given me.

Here's to You, anyone who reads this blog.  I really appreciate your encouragement, thoughtfulness and kind words.  Thanks for making blogging a fun adventure for me!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Cute mom's group! I even recognize a couple pretty ladies.

Community groups are the best! Always time I look forward to.

And Jen Hatmaker, yes! She's the best, and I am working on a way to meet her in person because I know we'll become great friends:)

mike said...

I hear Jen makes good hats.

Linds said...

ahhh, I love it! I love your blog!

The Marks said...

made the blog, made the blog, made the blog...woohoo!!!!!!