Thursday, January 19, 2012

An Ode to Hobby Lobby

      Well, I said this was an "ode," but the truth is, I could not write a song if my life depended on it.  I was listening to an interview on NPR yesterday (nerd alert) with the guy that composes all of the music for the Final Fantasy video games.  He said that he always has melodies floating in his head, and the hardest thing for him is to pick which ones to use.  I cannot even imagine having melodies that I was creating in my mind.  For me, I always have crafts floating in my head.  I am regularly planning things to make and figuring out how to do it in my mind.  It sometimes literally keeps me up at night, which probably means that I am crazy.
        Which brings me to Hobby Lobby.  I go there usually about twice a week.  Here are some of the things I love about it.

photo
(last night the sunset was gorgeous!)

1.  Lily used to call it Hobby Hobby.
2.  Strains of all-instrumental versions of old Amy Grant songs like, That's What Love is For that transport me back to my childhood.
3.  The people know me and my children.  They talk about how the girls have grown and notice when I get my hair cut.
4.  You can get most things half off from there.
5.  There is almost always a mobile coupon for 40% off to be pulled up on my phone.
6.  They have a fabric section with a good selection.  (which is why I like it more than Michael's, though I frequent Michael's as well)
7.  When we go there, we drive past Waffle House where Lily always remembers that her daddy took her to breakfast there and tells me about it, reminding me of how wonderful my husband is.
8.  I know where everything is.  This is critical when shopping with two little friends.
9.  There is a forest of Christmas trees almost 6 months of the year to be enjoyed.  They are currently not there, which is severely disappointing to Lily.

So, that is my list.  Do you have anything else to add?

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I would just like to add that Hobby Lobby gives me panic attacks. I need reinforcement (usually my friend Jenny) because I get so overwhelmed.

Jen Clark said...

Closed on Sundays! All the best companies are ;)