Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January Spring

      So, yesterday, Lily and I made our first real go at potty training.  I hesitate to even talk about it on this here blog, because quite frankly, I don't want to have a million opinions and suggestions thrown my way.  But, that is my problem and issue and pride and not a good reflection of what is going on our lives.  Let's just say, it is hard and I am sort of at a loss for what to do.  If you think of it, please pray that we have wisdom and patience.  God sure knew what I needed when he gave me a darling daughter made of nails.  And, as I must continually remind myself when potty training comes up, Lily will not go to college in diapers.  Maybe kindergarten, but not college.  So, sometime between now and then, this will all click with her, and there will be no fear, and she will use the potty.
      After a day in the house working at our toilet skills, we needed an outing.  We headed to the park in our neighborhood since we are experiencing such mild January weather.  I am currently enrolled in Ashley Ann's SnapShop and learning how to use my camera in fully manual mode, which I haven't done since high school.  I LOVE the course - it is super practical and easy to understand.  Since I know I love her style of shooting, it is fun to have her insights on photography, especially since she has four children that she is capturing.  I used yesterday to really start practicing, and I am loving the results.  I feel like I still have so much to learn, and even more than that, I just need more practice.
      Here is our time at the park after a rather frustrating day at home.  I am so thankful for the opportunity to spend time outside with the girls, and they certainly loved it.  Thanks, January, for being so warm.  It sure beats being trapped inside.

IMG_1819
Picnik collage
IMG_1861
IMG_1826
Picnik collage
IMG_1877
IMG_1874
Picnik collage
IMG_1895

Beautiful things to treasure forever from this particular afternoon:  Us all three holding hands and walking to the playground from the car.  Bella really loving to walk.  Lily saying, "Look!  Bella is walking" with such joy and enthusiasm.  Bella climbing and exploring everything with great interest and snot dripping down her nose forever.  Lily throwing rock after rock into the creek and loving it.  I am thankful for these treasures - and for learning how to capture some of them better!

5 comments:

the osbornes said...

Precious pictures! We're heading there today if the boys ever wake up from their long post-Bloom naps

Lindsay K said...

I didn't know you were doing SnapShop! I am so jealous! :) I do love her photography style.

Kiley said...

Hi! I'm visiting from the Snapshop course! I commented on your flickr photo but I have to comment here, too :o) ! I really like the photo of your older daughter walking on/toward the slide and of your younger daughter looking up while sitting on the slide. Cute pictures and darling girls!

Lorna said...

LOVE the picture of Bella on the slide with her hand over her mouth. How cute is she!!! Of course they are both darling & I (not so secretly) hope that Addalyn will have a little sister someday so I can match them! :)

AshleyAnn said...

You got a ton of great shots. You have a great grasp on using lines in your composition! Thanks for sharing the link to this post, beautiful girls!