Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Things Learned While Watching Mission Impossible

      Though last week was a bit nuts, we did sneak some time for a little tiny date night.  After the Rehearsal Dinner, John and I, along with Ellen and Luke went to see the 10 p.m. showing of Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.  I must say, I enjoyed the movie quite a bit - lots of action, just a teeny bit of gore and besides the very occasional bad word, it was pretty clean.  It was full of product placement, which is so much the norm these days that it is entertaining to watch for all the ways products will be integrated into the movie.  Also, I think Ethan Hunt has 29 lives or something, because the stunts are largely pretty unbelievable.  All of that said, it was fun to go watch.  Also, I love the Warren Theatre in Wichita so much, and the IMAX experience there was, in fact, "world-class" just as they informed us it would be during the previews.

Here are Ellen and Luke, both wearing Hog gear in enemy territory - brave people after my own heart.

IMG_4682

And here are John and I, Breaking Dawn edition.  I did not realize exactly how weird he was being until I saw this picture.  Awesome.

IMG_4683

Any night out like this is such a privilege!

IMG_4684

Here's our list of things we learned while watching Mission Impossible.  If you haven't seen the movie, it probably won't be that funny to you.  And, if you have, it still may not be funny, but we entertained ourselves writing it after the movie at 12:30 p.m. as we ran to the grocery store for wedding day breakfast necessities.

1)  Planet jokes never go out of style.  Poor Pluto gets thrown under the bus so often, and hearing someone talk about Uranus apparently never gets old.
2)  If you are equipped with enough Apple products, you can rule the world.  Even if you have been disavowed by your government.
3)  Chicks dig cell phones on a platter.
4)  Chain mail can still serve a very real purpose in our day and age.
5)  Blue = stuck like glue.  Red = You're Dead.  (I personally never want to have to wear those gloves outside of a tall building in Dubai.)
6)  Cueing Dean Martin's music may or may not help your prison riot.  It's not as soothing as one might think.
7)  I don't ever want to be caught in a Haboob.  Or meet the person who named them.
8)  Old XM Satellites will one day be used to initiate the apocalypse.
9)  We finally learned that the Box Car Kids were actually secret agents.
10)  I wonder how many nuclear warheads have narrowly missed Little Rock.  Maybe meteor showers really are our Cold War fears being realized.
11)  Tom Cruise is the Most Interesting Man in the World.

When we ran into Dillon's to get OJ and Milk, and John decided he wanted to get some new vitamins, which is where we stumbled upon these pills.  (These are not what John was looking for, for the record.)

photo


"What are those?" you might ask.  I still do not know.  I was too busy giggling and texting a picture to Ellen asking her how many bottles she wanted me to put her down for to ever read the bottle.  And, quite frankly, I do not want to type that into Google.  So, I will never know what those pills supposedly accomplish.

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

Haha! Well I just saw it so it is fresh in mind and I could laugh with you on all but number 4- you lost me there for some reason :) Happy Humpday!