Wednesday, March 26, 2014

ANNUAL TRIP TO THE DAFFODILS

Monday (my birthday), we headed out to Wye Mountain to see the daffodils in full bloom.  This is the latest in March it has ever been since we started going, because this winter is the one that keeps giving even into spring.  But, the flowers and trees are blooming anyway, in seeming defiance of the chilly temperatures.  Even though we had been gone all of last week, John left work early so we could make our annual pilgrimage to the flower field.

It takes about 25 minutes to get there, and that was long enough for Bella to take the nap she never takes at home.

Untitled

With four kids in tow this year, I got right to picture taking, knowing that I had a limited window of time to be working with.  Violet was first up, and she was not into smiling.  At all.  No matter what weird/funny to me thing I did.  Thankfully, even serious Violet is very cute in the daffodils.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

John was entertaining William by throwing him in the air while I was photographing Violet.  I turned the camera quickly and got this shot.

Untitled

When it was William's turn, he was quite willing to smile.  Sweet boy.

Untitled
Untitled

The girls enjoyed running through the field.  I love their enthusiasm for life.

Untitled

Both girls were pretty easy to work with for pictures with the promise of candy.

Untitled
Untitled

They were quite quick to demand the promised M and M's.

Untitled

Before long, we realized that Violet's breathing was not sounding great, and I had not thought to bring her inhaler.  I am very much still learning this "allergy induced" asthma thing.  Because we did not want her wheezing to increase, we cut our time in the field pretty short.  We took one family picture with self-timer set up on the stroller.  The only problem with self-timer is that you have virtually no chance of getting babies to look at it.  Either way, I still like the picture.

Untitled

I decided to put all of the pictures from past years on this post, along with links to the years that I blogged about.  I love seeing our family grow with the daffodils.

Here's 2010 - I was pregnant with Bella this year.

IMG_3901

And {2011}

IMG_6496

And {2012}

IMG_2616

And {2013}

IMG_2657

This is one of my very favorite traditions!  Happy Spring time to you.

1 comments:

Lindsey @ A Dollop of My Life said...

I've only been to Wye Mtn one time and it was one of my favorite places ever. I have always wanted to take the boys, but lugging them 4 hours south for a picture in flowers that they are sure to NOT cooperate for... well, let's just say that the task seems more daunting than the fun in my head that it sounds.