Saturday, March 15, 2014

THINGS I'M CRUSHING ON

Sometimes, I feel the need to write about lighter subjects.  Let's talk about a few things that don't matter much.  I'll start.

First up - my major crush on having pretty nails.  I am slightly obsessed with gel nail polish.  I've started a bit of a collection round my house.  Over a year ago, I bought a Sally Hansen UV light that came with the Sally Hansen polishes, all from Target.  For a while, I was sort of pleased with the results I got.  But, the color selection was only so so, and I wanted more.  Don't we always?

So, I started hitting up Amazon and stalking OPI's gel colors.  I still use my Sally Hansen light and love it, and I am extremely pleased with the OPI gel polish.  It will last a good 10-14 days without chipping, which is amazing.  They have fun colors that you can "try on" on the OPI website, and then I order them through Amazon.  Just yesterday I painted "I Eat Mainely Lobster" on with a bit of "Which is Witch" on the ends.  They seem like perfect vacation nails, and I am happy every time I look down at them.

Untitled

I know that nails are a thing that don't matter a lot, but I really like having them polished.  First off, it keeps me from chewing on them and picking at them, so that's a bonus.  But, also, I feel finished off, and I like that feeling.  Plus, you can change up the color every week and a half or so, and it's so fun.  I am not going to turn this into a nail blog (side note - did you know those exist?  Because they do.  And they are very helpful when you are trying to determine which shade of OPI gel polish you should spring for next.), but you all should be warned that you are reading the blog of someone who sometimes hunts down nail blogs.  We all have our quirks.

It's handy for me to have my own stuff to do this, because I cannot justify paying for a gel manicure every other week or so.  That is certainly not in the budget, and this allows me the same look for less money overall.

Another crush lately:  Noonday Collection.  Have you seen their stuff?  I am especially taken with most of the necklaces and would like to purchase the entire spring line.  This is almost justifiable from the standpoint that the company provides jobs for those who really need them in other parts of the world and raises money to help fund adoptions.  I mean - come on!  It doesn't get better than that! So, get thee to Noonday Collection.com, where you can shop with purpose and end up looking mighty fine in the end.  Because we all know that a statement necklace can define the whole outfit and make it look like you have some idea about fashion.  At least, this is what I tell myself.

Speaking of outfits, I have been crushing on a clothing boutique in Mena, AR that sells online, and I have been so pleased with my purchases that I thought I should not keep it a secret.  It's called The Rage.  They have a wide range of clothes, but I am drawn to many of them (except anything with a cut-out midriff, because no one wants to see that), and I love the items that I have ordered.  The fit and quality have been great, and the prices are reasonable.  The older I get, the more likely I am to spend a little bit more to get something unique that is well-made.  And, this place is priced similarly to Target non-sale prices, plus about $5-$10.

I'm not sure how I could have made this post much more fluffy.  I've talked about nails, jewelry and clothing - none of which I am an expert on.  But, I am a bit of a girly girl.  Sometimes a little girl-talk feels good for the soul.  Happy Saturday!  Hope it is treating you well.

1 comments:

jordan_denae said...

I love having my nails painted too! There's just something about it :)