Wednesday, May 13, 2015

ALL THE MOMENTS IN BETWEEN

In the last month we've seemed to hurdle from one big event to another, and some things have been lost in the shuffle.  As I was going through the pictures on my phone, I realized that there were some blog worthy things I didn't want to exclude from this little space.  Here goes.

That moment when you hear your child screaming that she is stuck, and you go see where she is stuck, and then you rush to grab your phone so you can capture it before you release her.  Yeah - that was this moment.  Violet was standing guard to comfort Bella in her time of dire need.

Untitled

We did end up buying a new (to us!) car in the past couple of weeks.  Everyone loves it.  They also love playing with Daddy wherever we happen to find ourselves.

Untitled
Untitled

Sometimes it feels very challenging to accomplish simple tasks.  Especially when shoes are being literally hurled at you from nowhere by William.  Thanks for that, son.

Untitled
Untitled

Speaking of William, boy knows how to help himself.  This has obvious pros and cons, but mainly cons right now.

Untitled

Yesterday, I had to wake him for MDO, which felt criminal.  Can you believe how big he is getting?  Both twins sleep in mini cribs, and I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future, because they are so contained.  However, we did have to buy a new crib mattress for William whose mattress had split open and become soaked with urine, sweat, and curdled milk.  You can imagine how the nursery smelt.  Things are much better now.

Untitled

I am always amazed at the ways that children come pre-programmed.  Lily has always been a sorter.

Untitled

She's had a great first year of school, and I can't believe its coming to a close soon.  A sweet friend sent me this pic from the end of a field trip that I had to leave early.  These babies will be first-graders before we know it!

Untitled

Bella has another year at home before heading off to Kindergarten, and I'm so thankful.  She is a trip and a half to have around, so another year of us partying sounds just up my alley.

Untitled
Untitled

Between getting more teeth and battling allergies and eczema, Violet has had a rough stretch.  Thankfully, we have an appointment with our allergist next week to hopefully make some headway in what is going on with her.  She keeps trying to rub her teeth and happens to gag herself in the meantime, which she thinks is really funny.  Then she fake gags, and she and William both laugh, because fake gagging is apparently hilarious.  That said - I always prefer laughter over tears, so fake-gag away!

Untitled

I'm sometimes amazed at what the girls will notice.  I glanced down on the front porch the other day and realized they have constructed a snail habitat there.

Untitled

As we are trying to get more rest, we decided to nap one afternoon last week.  In the middle of the week.  It was glorious.  Bella came and joined us and slept as well.

Untitled

I'm so thankful for wonderful friends.  When Lily hurt her arm and had to get a cast, a dear friend offered to pick up her and Bella for a fun ice cream run.  You better believe this was a highlight of the month for them!

Untitled

Let the record show that I love flower pictures.  Can't stop.  Won't stop.

Untitled

And lastly, but certainly not least - I got a new nephew last weekend!  He is absolutely precious, and I cannot wait to meet him and kiss those cheeks.  Congrats, Mike, Ash and Max!

Untitled

Never a dull moment, and I'm so glad.

0 comments: