Friday, May 15, 2015

COOKIE HIATUS

I love doing sugar cookies.  Truly.  However, I've come to a place where I need to take a break, and the fact of the matter is that cookies are time consuming.  I am facing several months with limited childcare, and I know that having the stress of cookies on top of that would not be helpful.  It's time for me to take a little hiatus.

IMG_1462
IMG_1670

It's sort of funny to start a break when life is already slowing a tiny bit, but I need it to slow way down, so I am pulling out all the stops.  Most of my friends have said that it is about time for this, and that has helped me realize how many cookies I really have done.

IMG_1733

I'm hoping to focus some of my creative energy in other directions in the coming months, and I look forward to seeing what I'll be able to do with the newly freed time.  I will do a very few orders here and there, and if I feel like it, I may offer a couple of flash sales, but mostly, my kitchen will be cookie free.

IMG_1997

I feel like doing cookies is a gift that God has given me, and I am so thankful for the opportunity I've had to use it so much in the last year and a half.  It has been so much fun.

IMG_2037

But - it also comes with its fair share of stressors - like, "Will these cookies make it to their destination in good shape?" or "Will this person really like the designs?" or "Please children, don't touch anything I am working on."  So as I look at the energy that I will be freeing up and the stress I will be releasing, I really do get excited!  I'm sure there will come a time when I begin accepting orders again, but this is not it.  Thanks so much to those of you who have ordered and any of you that have given encouraging words.  I really appreciate it!

(These cookies are all from April and May.  And this is not all of them - no wonder I am tired!)

0 comments: