Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Chicken Florentine Lasagna Recipe: It's good.

Well, the floors are dust bunny free and even Swiffered, which is good.  I drank a teeny bit more Diet Coke at dinner than I should have, so I am wide awake now.  So, here's the recipe, and it is a good one, though a little bit ingredient intensive, but worth the time and energy.  Yum-my.  I got it from one of my best buddies, Jenn - thanks, Jenn!

IMG_5685

Ingredients:
6 Lasagna noodles
1 - 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 cups cooked chicken
2 cups shredded cheddar
1/3 cup onion (finely chopped)
1/3 t nutmeg
1 T cornstarch
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 T soy sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 sm jar mushrooms (sliced/drained)
1/3 cup mayo
4 oz. fresh grated parmesan
Butter Pecan topping:
2 T butter
1 cup chopped pecans

Here's a picture of most of them.  At least I warned you.

IMG_5666

Cook your noodles.

IMG_5669

Drain spinach between paper towels.

IMG_5673

Mix together all ingredients, besides the parmesan cheese and the butter and pecans.

IMG_5671

Arrange 2 noodles in a lightly greased 11 x 7 dish.

IMG_5674

Layer twice.

IMG_5676

Make sure your daughter who is nap-dazed doesn't stick her hands in your florentine.

IMG_5672

Melt butter over the stove and cooked pecans for about 3 minutes.

IMG_5675

Sprinkle the top of your lasagna with parmesan cheese and the butter pecan topping.  Make sure you COVER your lasagna before cooking it at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes.  Let is stand for 15 minutes before you cut into it.

IMG_5678

Enjoy!  I usually double the recipe and make two if I am going through the trouble.

4 comments:

Erin said...

I just ordered ingredients for this-excited to try it! Do you know, does it freeze well? I too am tempted to do a second batch....

Kristin said...

Yum! Do you think it would work well with fresh mushrooms, too?

Jennifer said...

So glad you like it Carol! :) Yes, I definitely like to double it and use the second one for company, food coop or suprise dinner guests...which happens from time to time when you have a very hospitable husband.

Carol said...

It does freeze well, and I think it would probably work great with fresh mushrooms. It might even call for them initially. I just like the ease of cans.