
Ingredients:
6 Lasagna noodles
1 - 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
2 cups cooked chicken
2 cups shredded cheddar
1/3 cup onion (finely chopped)
1/3 t nutmeg
1 T cornstarch
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 T soy sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 sm jar mushrooms (sliced/drained)
1/3 cup mayo
4 oz. fresh grated parmesan
Butter Pecan topping:
2 T butter
1 cup chopped pecans
Here's a picture of most of them. At least I warned you.

Cook your noodles.

Drain spinach between paper towels.

Mix together all ingredients, besides the parmesan cheese and the butter and pecans.

Arrange 2 noodles in a lightly greased 11 x 7 dish.

Layer twice.

Make sure your daughter who is nap-dazed doesn't stick her hands in your florentine.

Melt butter over the stove and cooked pecans for about 3 minutes.

Sprinkle the top of your lasagna with parmesan cheese and the butter pecan topping. Make sure you COVER your lasagna before cooking it at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes. Let is stand for 15 minutes before you cut into it.

Enjoy! I usually double the recipe and make two if I am going through the trouble.





4 comments:
I just ordered ingredients for this-excited to try it! Do you know, does it freeze well? I too am tempted to do a second batch....
Yum! Do you think it would work well with fresh mushrooms, too?
So glad you like it Carol! :) Yes, I definitely like to double it and use the second one for company, food coop or suprise dinner guests...which happens from time to time when you have a very hospitable husband.
It does freeze well, and I think it would probably work great with fresh mushrooms. It might even call for them initially. I just like the ease of cans.
Post a Comment