Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Our House: Laundry Room

      So, I got a little side tracked from our playroom and decided to decorate our laundry room.  John did wonder why I felt the need to do this, and I had to explain that it just makes me feel better when things are a little prettier.  I have fun doing it, so I did.  Here is the "finished" room.  It does make me happier to go in there, which is a good frame of mind to be in while doing laundry.

IMG_0694


I painted the wall about a month ago, which you can read about in this post, and I made the sign on the main wall which you can read about in this post.  The striped rug is from Crate and Barrel.  I made two more signs that were inspired from Pinterest (I was going to link to my pins, but I realized once I looked, that I never pinned them).

This is my lost sock holder.  This happens a lot, and now they will not be just floating around.

IMG_0689

The other is just for fun.  (and hopefully hope and inspiration in the face of relentless staining)

IMG_0691


On the wall opposite the washer and dryer there are built-ins that service as our mud room, and I also store old towels and cleaning supplies.

IMG_4538


Underneath this are the towels and extra paper products, but it was really difficult to get a picture of everything.  Next to it is this folding station - though I never fold clothes in there or iron.  Clearly, since it has bulk snacks on it.  I decided not to move them for the picture, because that is reality.  This room is right off of our kitchen and these big containers don't fit on any shelves in our pantry.  Now that I am thinking about it, maybe they did, and I didn't try hard enough.  Anyway.

IMG_4540


I do love our laundry room and think it is largely very functional.  I can keep bags here so they aren't in the middle of our kitchen and now, it is all a little prettier.

0 comments: