Mom's Chicken Noodle Soup

Here's what you need.

5-6 chicken breasts (not pictured)
1 TBsp Lowry's Seasoned Salt
3 Chicken Bouillon cubes
1 TBsp Cavender's Seasoning
1 TBsp Poultry Seasoning
1/2 tsp Minced Garlic (also not pictured) (clearly, I was not very with it this evening- I never even put it in)
4 shakes of Garlic Powder
3 shakes of Onion Powder
1 16 oz bag Large Egg Noodles
Carrots - sliced, as much as you want (I was lazy and bought canned)
Frozen Peas, as much as you want
Cover your chicken with water and add enough to have a good base of broth. I added about 5 cups after I had covered my chicken. Add seasonings and bring to a boil. Boil about 45 minutes, until chicken is done. Remove chicken, and cut it up. OR - stick it into your Kitchen Aid and get perfectly shredded chicken for a lot less work! Thank you, Simply Healthy Fam blog, found via Pinterest, for this brilliant, time-saving tip!

Put the noodles and the carrots into the water that you just finished boiling the chicken in. Bring it to a boil, and cook the noodles until they are done, usually about 10 minutes. Add peas and cook for 5 to 10 more minutes. Add your chopped up chicken back in, and your soup is finished!

What I do love about this recipe is that it is very flavorful and very healthy. And, though it takes a while to get it all cooked, it takes very little hands-on time. I doubled the recipe - sometimes I don't think about how much it will make when I actually double something. I completely filled this pot.

But, that means I have lots to freeze for later, which works out well for us. So - go make this Chicken Noodle Soup - it really is delicious!





1 comments:
Looks yummy!
Post a Comment