Friday, October 09, 2015

FALL DECOR 2015

I know, I know.  You all have been dying to see this year's fall decorations, and I've totally let you down til now.  Kidding, of course.  But, I did change things up a bit this year, so I thought I would blog about it.  The girls also were very involved in helping decorate and picking out new gourds and such.  They LOVE fall, so I must be doing something right.

I got a loaf pan at a vintage/antique fair a few weeks ago and realized that it has endless table-scaping possibilities.  Just know this thing will be popping up in most seasonal decor and birthday parties from now on.  For fall, I filled it with gourds and some glass jars/bowls with fall-ish contents.  I really like it!

IMG_3047
IMG_3050
IMG_3052

The leaves are from a Japanese Maple in our front yard, and now they are crinkly, but I still sort of like them.  The "wheat" is from Hobby Lobby.  I kept our mantle a little simpler with burlap and gourds + the wheat/leaves that were on the table.

IMG_3053

Our console table carries most of the same themes as well.

IMG_3064

Our front porch is largely the same as year's past, but the lions are new, and I love them.  I intend to decorate them for each season.  Also, I'm working on naming them.  I'll keep you posted.

Untitled
Untitled
IMG_3620
Untitled

On our front porch are a bunch of rocks that the girls wrote on with their grandparents while we were in San Francisco - most of them say "I love God" or "God loves me" or "God made sheep."  I decided to let the rocks stay, because they are sweet little encouragements.

I don't think any of this decor is revolutionary, but it was fun to do something different with what I mostly had on hand!  Happy Fall, Y'all!

And, just so you don't get the wrong idea, here is what the dining room table currently looks like.  I need to finish the Great Fall Sort.

Untitled

0 comments: