Monday, May 20, 2013


Last week was a week for the ages.  As life would have it, we brought home the twins, had the biggest week in our restaurant's history and topped it off with the Walk for the Waiting on Saturday.  We were apprehensive going into it, but God was beyond gracious to us (as usual).  We both had more energy and grace than we deserved for the amount of sleep that we were getting.

Thankfully, my mom was here for a long weekend to help with everything we had going on, which was such a blessing.  We did fun stuff like "First Bath at Home" for the babies.


And I taught Mom how to wear a baby with the Moby wrap.  She was a natural.


Walk for the Waiting was Saturday morning, and it was amazing.  I had tears in my eyes much of the morning as I watched people arrive, register and walk.  The turn out was fantastic and more than we imagined possible as a first year event.  It was another example of seeing that with God, all things are possible.  So far, WFW has raised over $232,000, and the total continues to rise.  Unbelievable.  It was truly a privilege to work with the committee to help organize this event, and seeing the fruits of our labor was very sweet.


The girls had a blast with their friends that were there.  This pic was taken when they were all playing on top of John's car, since that is super fun.  Don't worry, there were Daddy spotters nearby, though they may have been taking pictures as well.


We got a family picture at WFW.  Bella was trying desperately to get away, and in most of the shots, she looks miserable.  But in this one, she just looks slightly ornery.


This is how she looked in most of the rest of them.  You win some, you lose some.  Or you lose most of them, but whatever.


On Sunday, I went to the shower of a dear friend who is adopting a girl that will be born in the next month!  I can't wait to meet her and help welcome her to their family!


After the whirlwind week we just had, this week looks like a walk in the park.  Except for the fact that my mom left, and I have four children in my charge.  Today was still out of the norm, since mom was here through this afternoon.  She finished up every last bit of our laundry, which makes her my own personal hero.  (She already was.)  We got a great laugh when Lily put this "hat" on our cat and was so proud of herself.  Poor kitty.


And then it was time to drive Mom to the airport, and I had to hold back tears.  Some of her parting words to me were, "You should get help if you need it.  You don't have to do everything yourself."  Mom - I just wish my help could always be you!


John stayed with the kiddos while I took Mom to the airport and went to a doctor's appointment.  He managed to take all four to Lily's gymnastics class, which impressed me to no end.  I am so thankful to be doing this all with John.  There is no one else I would rather wake up with at 1, 4, and 7.  It helps keep me sane to have him there and awake with me, especially when we have sleepy twins that don't feel like eating exactly at that moment.


We take turns on which one to feed, because Violet almost always eats better than William.  But then, all the sudden, they can switch it up on you.  We also regularly do twin swaps in the middle of feedings to help wake them up.  But, as is usually the case, they are not always as interested in sleeping when we want to sleep.  Especially William.  (Are you sensing a theme?  Cause we are.)

Tomorrow will be my first day on my own with all my little friends.  Praying for strength and patience and planning small outings to help keep me sane.  We shall see how this goes!


Kristin Murdock said...

You've got it, Carol!! You are awesome, and God's grace is so good. :)

Stephanie said...

You can do this Carol!

Also, my daughter Katherine and I are in your second picture from WFW.