The week was good. I am so thankful I have such wonderful family to spend time with when my husband decides to leave the hemisphere. Here are the highs and lows.
High: All my siblings were in town and all the cousins. Does a heart good to be with wonderful family and not have a major event to put on. Here are all the cousins - shocker, the photographer's son was the best smiler of the bunch.

High: Getting to see my baby bro be a fantastic father. Baby Max is such a darling. (He (my brother, not Max) went to K-State, so you better believe yesterday was good for them.)
Low: Kansas is super windy. Doing your hair is sort of pointless. It ends up in matted knots.
High: Girl time! Everybody took off work Wednesday through Friday, and we basically did fun girly things all week. So much fun.

High: Going to the zoo. The weather was beautiful for November, and my girls loved seeing the animals, especially the river otters.

Low: We were there for river otter feeding time when they dumped buckets of live fish into the tank. Bella yelled, "Fish!" excitedly, and I quickly realized it was time to make our exit.
High: Seeing my dear friends from high school that I still adore. What a blessing to have friends that knew you in 8th grade when you (or at least me) were awkward and unsure, and they still love you. Amazing.

High: Getting my hair curled with a curling wand by my sis-in-love. She looks like she is a McCulley girl, and man, I am so glad my brother married her. He married way up. Also, my hair looked amazing for days, and I think I am going to order a wand for myself from Amazon.

Low: Driving through Kansas. It is really flat, with little scenery to distract.
Low: Hearing the movie Cinderella over and over again. The girls are stuck on it currently. Really really stuck.
High: Watching Sherlock from the BBC on Netflix. I'm hooked.
High: Having enough time to hand-embroider turkey shirts for the girls. Hopefully they will get to wear them next year, since our Thanksgiving season is so short this year. (The one pictured was still in process.)

The other obvious low that I would be remiss to mention is the fact that John is not with us. We miss him, though it has been great to be able to talk some and text as well.
That about sums up our week. Being home will be good, but we have a lot cooking this week, so I feel like I am going to have an up-hill battle to get my head in the game.







3 comments:
how fun!! and i'm loving that turkey applique with the stitching.... so cute.
Looks like you all had a fun time! Cousin memories last forever, and I'm sure your girls will have great ones.
Thank you Carol. I should read these more often.
Post a Comment