Thursday, November 01, 2012

WAIT-LIST UPDATE

We got our new number today from our agency, which is always an exciting email.  I can gauge by our group's Facebook page some of the referrals given out, but not all of them, so it is nice to get our new official standing.  Without further adieu, here it is . . .

0001VS

I was a little shocked by our movement on the special needs list.  Shocked and a bit excited.  John and I talked on the phone for a bit after we got the email and played out a few different scenarios.  It could happen sooner than we ever thought it would.  Or not.  And, since we are very limited by Bella's age, it is more likely that we will continue to wait for quite a while, since we are hoping to adopt sibling boys that are very young.  That is pretty specific.

But, we are moving on up.  It is thrilling to see orphans being put into families.  It is amazing to see God move people's hearts to adopt and to see the way that changes them and their child's life forever.  I never imagined myself on this journey, but I am beyond delighted to be here.  Though most days, it still doesn't feel real.  It is hard to picture having two little brown faces mixed in with my girls.  I can't wait for that day!

We pray for our sons almost every night before bed.  We pray for protection.  We pray for peace as we all wait to be joined together.  We pray for their families.  We pray for God's guidance through this process.  There are a million things to be praying for, and sometimes that can feel daunting.  What about the things we forget or don't think to pray for?  I am thankful to walk with a Lord who knows how to fill in the gaps with his great strength and love for us.

And that's where we are.  Waiting.  Hoping.  Praying.

1 comments:

Mom Spenst said...

I was just reading this morning how the Holy Spirit prays for us for things we don't know to pray for. That's exciting!! So don't worry Carol. God knows your heart.