High: Spending time with my family, and everyone was there, which made it lots of fun. Mom and Wes were excellent hosts.


High: Hanging with the boy cousins. Here's adorable Max.

And little drummer boy True.

Low: It was very cold in Kansas. So cold, in fact, that as we were walking to the car from church, Lily was repeatedly screaming, "It's too chilly!" I was laughing hysterically, which only further enraged her. Coats were a battle each and every time, since we haven't had to wear them in two years. Our blood is thin.
High: Seeing the kids act out the Christmas story in costume and then sing Happy Birthday to Jesus.
That's the shepherd and the angel.

Baby Jesus is on the table with his cake.


High: Mom and Wes's house is perfect for hosting a large group at Christmas. We made a Christmas arena downstairs. And the stockings were all laid on the wet bar with care.


High: Christmas morning with the girls. They were so excited and fun to watch. Their big presents were Radio Flyer tricycles, which were a huge hit!




High: Getting some down time. We watched movies and played lots of games.



Low: Missing out on the White Christmas of the century in Little Rock, but still having to deal with having a business there. It kind of kills the fun of snow. Especially snow that we didn't get to see.
High: Having power for the last couple of days when I know ours is out at home.
Low: Heading to a house without power and little hope on the horizon.
High: Being reminded of how blessed I really always am. I have nothing to complain about, truly, and so much to be grateful for. Thank you, Lord, for your goodness to us.
I wrote this blog post from my phone in the car using a couple different sources of pictures, so I don't know how it will look. Hope it works!





0 comments:
Post a Comment